Thursday 16 September 2021

CONFESSIONS OF A FREEMASON

John Robison, Professor of Natural Philosophy; Secretary to the Royal Society of Edinburgh

Excerpts from the intro of 'PROOFS OF A CONSPIRACY Against All The Religions And Governments Of Europe'
September 5, 1797

"In my early life,
I had taken some part in the occupations (shall I call them) of Free Masonry; and having chiefly frequented the Lodges on the Continent, I had learned many doctrines, and seen many ceremonials... I had been initiated in a very splendid Lodge at Liege, of which the Prince Bishop, his Trefonciers, and the chief Noblesse of the State, were members. I found myself received with particular respect as a Scotch Mason ... I remained in the English Lodge, contented with the rank of Scotch Master. ...

I now considered this box accessible to myself and opened it. I found it to contain all the degrees of the Parfait Maqon Ecossois, with the Rituals, Catechisms, and
Instructions, and also four other degrees of Free Masonry, as cultivated in the Parisian Lodges. As I was bound by no engagement of any kind, I held myself to be at liberty to make such use of them as may be serviceable to the public, without enabling any uninitiated person to enter the Lodges of these degrees.

...
I saw it much connected with many occurrences and schisms in the Christian church; I saw that the Jesuits had several times interfered in it.
...
In their hands, Free Masonry became a thing totally unlike, and almost in direct opposition to the system imported from England. Some Lodges had become schools of irreligion and licentiousness. It seems indeed peculiarly suited to the talents and taste of that vain and ardent people. It has happened, that the homely Free Masonry imported from England has been totally changed in every country of Europe, by the importation of the doctrines, ceremonies and ornaments of the Parisian Lodges.
In direct opposition to a standing rule "that nothing touching the religion or government shall ever be spoken of in the Lodge", lodges following the example of France, and have become the rendezvous of innovators in religion and politics and other disturbers of the public peace.

...
This impunity had gradually encouraged men of licentious principles to become more bold, and to teach doctrines subversive of all our notions of morality...

Full Document @ https://www.conspiracyarchive.com/PROOFS_OF_A_CONSPIRACY_John_Robison.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Debunking the Hoax that Debunked a Hoax of a Real Confession that A Hoax was Made

A video emerged showing Stanley Kubrick getting interviewed on camera so that he could confess to the world that he was the one who filmed ...