Monday, 14 November 2016
*You know there's something wrong with your religion if being a fundamentalist in it turns you into an immoral and irrational human being.
1. Considered human babies evil and worthy of drowning.
2. Teaching us not to defend ourselves against physical abuse.
3. Approving sexism by not allowing one gender to do what the other is allowed to do.
4. Approved assassination. What's the difference between what the Holy Spirit does to Ananias and Saphira in the chapter of Acts and me taking a gun, putting a silencer on it, aiming at someone's head who only put 10% of their net earnings in the offering plate instead of their earnings, and taking them out with a squeeze of the trigger?" Then Peter said to her, 'How is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.' Then immediately she fell down at his feet and breathed her last."
5. Esteeming the shed blood of an innocent individual. People young and old sing about how glorious shed blood is in hymns 'Precious Blood of Jesus'.
6. The blood atonement doctrine is immoral because it sanctifies injustice. The innocent pays the consequences for the guilty.
7. The struggle is having a natural will that doesn't conform to a religion's 'oughts'. The 'oughts' have you attempt to resist your will by acting unnaturally.
8. What exactly are we celebrating when we take communion at church? Christ didn't die for us. He was grabbed and treated unmercifully, spit upon, had facial hair torn out, was humiliated and completely desecrated, all done against his expressed will.
9. The 'original sin' doctrine leads to an uncomfortable understanding. If sin separates a person from God and separation means the spirit of a person tainted with original sin has hell reserved for them then babies that never had a chance to sin have to be tortured eternity for something they've never done. If they are forgiven this original sin because of the 'age of accountability' doctrine and go straight to heaven if they die before maturity, that means that abortion doctors are actually saving souls for every successful abortion performed.
A year ago if you typed ‘Atlantis dig’ into Google Image search, you would get pictures of structures on the ocean floor. Now when you t...
It's interesting to note that the camera can discern between an electric soul and a natural one. I will provide a video clip here sh...
In order to believe a victim, you have to be listening to a victim. Claiming to be a victim doesn’t always make it so. In this moder...
If humans are evolved apes, is the idea of 'innocence' meaningful (i.e. she lost her innocence far too young )? “…TAKE THE ...